lunes, 16 de julio de 2012

Hi there! Today I'll post about Nirvana's song "Smells like Teen Spirit". I guess this will be easier because I already analized this song for my portuguese lesson oral evaluation.
This song is considered epical, one of the most glorius rock of all the times, and as a Nirvana fan, I really love this music, and also because it makes me remember about someone special.
"Smells like Teen Spirit" starts with a strong intro, and during all song, drumms, guitar and bass have a strong presence (I know, all the instruments they use, but you guys had to notice it).
During the whole song, those basic things about grunge moviment lyrical interests are evident, such as "It's fun to loose"- sarcastic- "Oh no, I know, a dirty word", where you can see kind of freedom wish, like, everyone can say whatever they want to. Then, at the chorus, we enter in a very powerful part. Drumms are high, guitar and Kurt's voice rock out, and the bass, just brilliant. I would risk myself to say that the sentence "Here we are now, entertain us" is the most epical of the whole chorus, and probably of the whole song. I mean, I guess it was just the mark of a generation. Just shows unhappiness, anger, and disagreement. Like they scream "Hey society, I'm here now, and as you don't let me be myself, at least tell me what the fuck I should be!". "A mulatto, an albino"- social issues.
Well, but now I don't know what's the most epical: "Here we are now, entertain us!" or "Oh well, whatever, never mind". I guess they both comanded a generation leaded by apathy and that didn't have hopes or dreams.
In summary, this is like a superficial text about the song, it would take days to do a perfect text about the song.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario