sábado, 17 de noviembre de 2012

Today I was surfing through Tumblr and I found a picture with 6 really interesting quotes from some women guitarrists, and I decided to share them here, because I find them brilliant.

"They say women can't play guitar as well as men. I don't play guitar with my fn' vagina, so what difference does it make?"- Brody Dalle.

"I think more girls should pick up guitar... It's a good form of self-expression. It makes you feel better. It gets your anger out."- Kat Bjelland.

"I trust my guitar and I don't care about anything."- Patti Smith.

"My guitar is not a thing. It's an extension of myself. It is who I am"- Joan Jett.

"Put your pussy to the wood! Fuck your guitar!"- Joan Jett.

"I want every girl in the world to pick up a guitar and start screaming."- Courtney Love.

I guess what people don't understand is the love I feel about playing guitar. I'm not the most brilliant player, I know it, but I couldn't survive without playing guitar, and people don't seem to understand it. When I say that I feel sad because I didn't play guitar the day before, they stare at me like "Seriously? -.-", because they just don't get how much it changes my mood. I can be barely dying, depressed and broken, and playing guitar just deletes my problems while I play, it seems like it is just me and my guitar. That, for me, is not obsession, it's passion, it's loving what you do, and feeling like it is a gift. I have self-esteem issues, and it's really hard for me to say "you might be good at this", but when it comes to my guitar, I know that, having in consideration the love and devotion I feel about guitar, I can improve my guitar skills. And, honestly, I don't want to get famous because of my guitar playing, I don't want fame. In my opinion, if I develop my guitar playing, I'll probably feel better about myself. And all I want is to come away from this dark hole I'm living in. And I know my guitar can do it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario